SHIELD-MD10 is an Arduino compatible shield for controlling high current brushed DC motor up to 10A continuously. It is compatible with Arduino UNO, Arduino Duemilanove, Arduino Mega, Arduino Leonardo, CT-UNO and possibly other pin compatible main boards.
SHIELD-MD10 uses full solid state components which results in faster response time and eliminates the wear and tear of the mechanical relay. SHIELD-MD10 has stackable side headers which allows for more Arduino shields to be stacked on top of it. Each shield comes with two mini jumpers for you to select different digital pin for PWM (speed) and DIR (direction), so you can actually stack more shield together.
Note: Please do check the User's Manual and Sample Sketch for Arduino under the "Attachement" tab.
* Please note that starting from July 2015, all shield-MD10 shipped from Cytron are Rev2.0. There is an improvement made in Shield MD10 Rev 2.0. For Shield MD10 Rev 2.0, "SHIELD-MD10 R2" is labelled at the front and back of the shield like shown in the figure.
- Bi-directional control for 1 brushed DC motor.
- Support motor voltage ranges from 7V to 25V (Rev1.0), 7V to 30V (Rev2.0).
- Maximum current up to 10A continuous and 15A peak (10 seconds).
- 3.3V and 5V logic level input.
- Solid state components provide faster response time and eliminate the wear and tear of mechanical relay.
- Fully NMOS H-Bridge for better efficiency and no heat sink is required.
- Speed control PWM frequency up to 10KHz.
- Stackable I/O header pin.
- Selectable digital pins for PWM and DIR.