This is Cytron newly revised dual channel 2A motor shield. It uses L298P chip which allow control of two 5 - 26V DC brush motors with maximum of 2A current each channel. This shield can be directly stacked onto standard Arduino UNO, Duemilanove, Leonardo, Megaand also CIKU (PIC18F4550).
We have added a few special features onto this shield. Motor power polarity protection, also fast test or manual control buttons for each channel of motor. Adding LSS05 (Auto-calibration line sensor) to Arduino will be easy as this shield comes with the socket for it.
The speed control is achieved through conventional PWM which can be obtained from Arduino's PWM output pin 5 and 6. The enable/disable of motor driver is controlled by Arduino pin 4 and 7, this is labeled as Signed magnitude control. You have option to configure it to become Locked Anti-phase which uses PWM signal to decide direction, speed and also start/stop of motor. The control modes can be configured from jumpers and also program.
The Motor shield can be powered directly from Arduino or from external power source (jumper to select). It is strongly encouraged to use external power supply to power the motor shield.
Please read the User's Manual for more details.
- Logic control, 5V from Arduino main board
- Polarity protection for External motor power input
- 2 fast test buttons for each motor channel
- 2 indicator LEDs for each channel
- bi-directional control of two DC brush motor
- Motor Driven Voltage6.5 to 12VDC(VIN Power Supply), 5.0 to 26VDC (External Power Source)
- Up to 2A current each channel
- Pin 4, 5,6,7 are used to drive two DC motor
- Support PWM speed control
- Support advance speed control
- Socket for LSS05 - Auto-Calibrating Line Sensor, doing line following robot will be easy