This small digital distance sensor detects objects between 2 cm and 10 cm (0.8″ and 4″) away. With its quick response time, small size, and low current draw, this sensor is a good choice for non-contact object detection, and our compact carrier PCB makes it easy to integrate into your project.
These sensors are a great way to quickly detect the presence of nearby objects. It consists of a Sharp GP2Y0D805, GP2Y0D810, or GP2Y0D815 sensor module installed on our tiny carrier board for these sensors, which includes all of the external components required to make them work.
- Operating voltage: 2.7 V to 6.2 V
- Average current consumption: 5 mA (typical)
- Distance measuring rangeOutput type: digital signal (low when detecting an object, high otherwise)
- GP2Y0D805Z0F: 0.5 cm to 5 cm (0.2″ to 2″)
- GP2Y0D810Z0F: 2 cm to 10 cm (0.8″ to 4″)
- GP2Y0D815Z0F: 0.5 cm to 5 cm (0.2″ to 6″)
- Steady state update period: 2.56 ms typical (3.77 ms max)
- Enable pad can optionally be used to disable the emitter and save power (this feature requires you to cut a trace first)
- Size without header pins: 21.6 mm × 8.9 mm × 10.4 mm (0.85″ × 0.35″ × 0.41″)
- Weight without header pins: 1.5 g (0.05 oz)